About Me

My Photo
Natalie-Nicole Bates
My name is Natalie-Nicole Bates. I live in the United Kingdom and I am a published author of contemporary and paranormal romance. You can find out more about my books by visiting www.natalienicolebates.com. Here is where you will find my collection of antique photographs, some of which have inspired my stories.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Link back

My Author Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

The Christmas Daguerreotype


This circa 1850's Daguerreotype was a gift last Christmas from my partner. He said it looked like a Victorian photograph of himself. The funny thing is it does look a lot like him. This is a sixth plate Daguerreotype of a very sharp dressed man with a book. Most likely he was someone of importance, perhaps a lawyer or a politican.


Above: I had this dag professionally cleaned and archivally resealed. The before is on the left.

1 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

We have some "unknown ancestor" photos around here too. Antique images that either do resemble us or we have made up a family history for.