About Me

My Photo
Natalie-Nicole Bates
My name is Natalie-Nicole Bates. I live in the United Kingdom and I am a published author of contemporary and paranormal romance. You can find out more about my books by visiting www.natalienicolebates.com. Here is where you will find my collection of antique photographs, some of which have inspired my stories.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Link back

My Author Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mourning Daguerreotype pendant



This is one of my favourite pieces in my collection. A fairly large gold mourning pendant houses a daguerreotype of a slightly older well dressed gentleman. The pendant is just under three inches tall and about 2.3 inches wide.



At the back is a repository that may have at one time held a small photo or possibly a lock of hair. It may be empty now or if there was something, time has destroyed it. I have not opened the repository as I'm afraid of breaking it.

0 comments: